THE GREAT BOOK OF LISTS : CHAPTER 1.3 : THE LIST OF YOUR DESIRES
La duchesse d’Erat’s Great book of lists this week focuses on some of the desires you may have for 2016. These are from her post and I thing they would all be great desires to fulfill.
1/ Cook a new world food recipe each week.
(Last week was sprawn & curry thaï soup, this week is going to be terriyaki chicken)
2/ Discover a new European capital city.
3/ Do another summer writing challenge.
4/ Enjoy each and every chapter of TGBOL, the participants, the contributions. Appreciate every second of the experience.
5/ Discover 10 writers.
6/ Sleep late on a Sunday morning (this hasn’t happened since 2012).
7/ Try a singing lesson.
8/ Do the « Wreck this journal experience » and blog about it.
For me I would love to fulfill the following desires
1. Spend a month or two in Paris.
2. Finish my long incomplete children’s fantasy novel
3. Begin a singing duo performing around Perth
4. Cook a new recipe each week for the year
5. Get back into playing the piano regularly
6. Put together a collection of short stories for possible publication
7. Find priceless treasures at the car boot sales
8. Keep developing my photography
I am glad to see that the charming Duchesse does not use the term “New year’s resolutions” in this challenge as I am the sort of person who frets themselves if I start committing to things I don’t achieve so this list will do nicely and if some of them come about I will be quite chuffed…and if not, well there is always next year (or Karaoke). 🙂